‘Tis the season of all things hockey! So why not celebrate by being part of The Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour?
This ultimate NHL fan experience is coming to Church Street in downtown Oakville on November 25 and 26. It will be a free, fun-filled hockey celebration showcasing Oakville’s love of the game.
Sportsnet hosts Ron Maclean and Tara Slone will be in the community to celebrate local celebrities, and NHL alumni. You will be able to experience free activities, games, interactive experiences and live entertainment for all ages.
They will also be giving away incredible prizes all season, including trips to the Stanley Cup® Playoffs!
During their stop here in Oakville the Sportsnet hosts will be broadcasting live the hockey game between The Vancouver Canucks Vs. The New York Rangers from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio on Sunday.
In preparation for the arrival of Rogers Hometown Hockey, the Oakville community is asking residents, businesses, and community groups downtown to paint the town red.
Here is how:
- Have kids draw creative Canadian and hockey-themed designs on sidewalks and driveways
- Hang a Canada flag, red and white pendants or other Canadian and hockey-themed decorations on your store window or garage door
- Adjust indoor and outdoor lighting to red flood lights
- Print and display items from the digital Paint the town toolkit that will be available in early November*
*A digital Paint the Town Red toolkit will be available in early November. To request a copy, please email [email protected]
Are you looking to be really involved in the event? Well if you are aged 16 and older you can volunteer at the Hometown Hockey Festival.
You must be available both festival days, and spaces are limited so send a quick e-mail to [email protected].
There will be road closures in the area to accommodate the festival. Road closures and parking restrictions will be in place from November 23 to 27, 2017.
So why not truly immerse yourself in this great hockey experience?
Rogers Hometown Hockey in Oakville will be free and open on:
- Saturday, November 25 from 12 to 6 p.m.
- Sunday, November 26 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m
live broadcast of Vancouver Canucks vs. New York Rangers game. Pre- game begins at 1:30 p.m., puck drop is 2 p.m.